Under 23s Make it five

In form youngsters edge Bucks Head thriller.

Wolves 4 (Enobakhare 23,80 Randall 25, Deslandes 36)


Fulham 3 (Adeniran 66, Humphrys 70, 79)


The Molineux Under 23s won for the fifth game in succession following a cracking contest against Fulham at the Bucks Head. Three up at the break, Wanderers then conceded three in 13 second half minutes before Bright Enobakhare struck a deflected winner.


Wolves couldn’t have been closer to taking a fourth minute lead when Will Randall hit a terrific shot from 25-yards that Fulham keeper Jesse Joronen, with a great save, touched onto the bar.


Harry Burgoyne matched his counterpart in the 13th minute showing great reflexes as he dived to his right to turn away Joshua Walker’s 12-yard drive in Fulham’s first attack of note.


Stephen Humphrys wasn’t far away from the far post with a well struck cross-shot but Wolves took control with two goals in as many minutes.


The first came in the 23rd minute after Enobakhare took a return pass from Niall Ennis before beating the keeper from eight-yards for his seventh goal of the season.


Then it was the turn of Randall who latched onto a wayward pass and beat Joronen who got a hand to the ball but couldn’t stop it from rolling over the line.


Regan Upton had to turn a cross from Marlon Fossey over his on crossbar as the visitors fought to get back into the game but Adetayo Edun’s robust challenge on Sylvain Deslandes earned the Fulham man a booking.


Deslandes soon recovered and in the 36th minute he stooped to head home from inside the six-yard box after a Connor Ronan corner.


Just before the break, Randall forced a full length save from Joronen after swinging his right foot onto Hakeem Odoffin’s squared pass.


Half-Time: Wolves 3 Fulham 0


The assault on the Fulham goal continued after the break with Joronen turning over Donovan Wilson’s dipping effort after Ronan’s corner had been half cleared.


Then the Finnish keeper dived to deny Enobakhare who had skipped past three challenges before shooting from the edge of the area.


Lasse Vigan Christensen wasn’t far away from pulling one back for the Cottagers with a long-range rising drive. The referee took exception to the time Burgoyne was taking with the resultant goal-kick and from the halfway line the official waved the yellow card.


Joe Delacoe took the place of Wilson shortly before Fulham took advantage of some sloppy work in the Wolves defence to reduce the deficit with Dennis Adeniran converting from close in.


The goal seemed to inspire the visitors and Humphrys powered home a header on 70 minutes following a deep ball into the box from Sean Kavanagh.


Joronen halted Enobakhare’s surge into the box – saving at the striker’s feet at the near post as Wolves tried to grab back the initiative.


But Fulham were soon back on the frontfoot and they equalised in the 79th minute as Humphrys hooked home Ryheem Sheckleford’s low cross from the right.


Just a minute later, however, Wolves were back in front as Enobahare’s shot from the edge of the box took a hefty deflection off Sheckleford and, for once, Joronen could do nothing.


Deep into the four added minutes, Ennis had the chance to ease any nervousness but, off balance, he fired over from a good position.


The win saw Wolves maintaining their second place in the table just two points behind leaders Swansea City.


Wolves: Burgoyne, Odoffin (Leak 85), Deslandes, Herc, Upton, Breslin, Wilson (Delacoe 64), Ronan (Finnie 76), Ennis, Enobakhare, Randall.


Unused subs: Rainey, Levingston.


Bookings: Burgoyne (59 – time-wasting), Randall (85 – kicking ball away).


Fulham: Joronen, Fossey (Jenz 67), Edun, Adenitran, Sheckleford, Kavanagh, De La Torre, Christensen, Woodrow, Walker (Smile 45), Humphrys.


Unused subs: Rodak, Thorsteinsson.


Bookings: Edun (32 – foul).


Referee: J. Johnson.


Attendance: 165.