Bruno Lage has seen 11 members of his first-team squad called up to take part in international action in the coming week as many prepare to represent their national teams in World Cup qualification.
Captain Conor Coady has once again been selected as part of the England squad as they aim to confirm their place at the World Cup in Qatar next winter, as the Three Lions play just two qualification matches during this international break.
England, who currently sit top of UEFA Group I, four points clear of second place Albania, face Andorra on Saturday (9th October) before hosting Hungary at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday (12th October).
Also in world Cup qualifying this week is the Portugal trio of Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho and Nelson Semedo, who will take on Luxembourg in Faro next Tuesday, having taken on World Cup hosts Qatar in a friendly on Saturday evening.
Wolves winger Francisco Trincao had been drafted into the Portugal squad in place of Benfica's Rafa Silva but following a positive Covid-19 test will now have to isolate, while Semedo was a late call-up following the withdrawal of Borussia Dortmund's Raphael Guerreiro.
Portugal also top their qualification group, thanks to 13 points from their opening five matches, and hold just a narrow two-point lead over Serbia.
Leander Dendoncker is back in the Belgium squad, as the Red Devils are in Nations League finals action in Italy, hoping to emulate his Portuguese teammates who lifted the trophy last time out.
Belgium will take on France at the Juventus Stadium on Thursday evening (7th October) in the second of the two semi-final clashes, while a Spanish side who have not selected Adama Traore will take on hosts Italy in the opening semi-final.
The winners of the semi-finals will go head-to-head for the chance to claim the second Nations League title on Sunday (10th October), while the losing semi-finalists will play a third-place play-off earlier in the day.
Outside of Europe, Raul Jimenez will be busy as he jets off to Mexico for their three World Cup qualifying matches this week. His side take on Canada on Friday (8th October), Honduras on Monday (11th October), and El Salvador away on Thursday (14th October).
Despite missing the opening round of fixtures, Jimenez’s country are top of the CONCACAF qualification standings, having picked up seven points from their three games so far, two points ahead of Friday’s visitors Canada.
Romain Saiss will captain Morocco for their CAN World Cup qualification ties as they face Guinea-Bussau twice this week, at home this evening (6th October) and away on Saturday, before taking on Guinea on Tuesday, with Willy Boly set to represent Ivory Coast in a double header against Malawi, as they head away on Friday before hosting the same nation on Monday.
Following his brace against Newcastle United on Saturday, Hee Chan Hwang is once again in the South Korea squad as they look to continue their unbeaten run in AFC World Cup qualifying by hosting Syria on Thursday, before heading to Iran on Tuesday.
Wolves also have two players aiming to qualify for the 2023 UEFA Under-21 European Championship, with Fabio Silva in the Portugal squad for their fixtures with Liechtenstein and Iceland, while Ki-Jana Hoever is in the Netherlands squad as they travel to Switzerland and host Wales.
Wolves internationals October fixtures
Moutinho, Neves, Semedo (Portugal): FIFA World Cup qualifiers & Friendly
- Saturday 9th October | vs Qatar (H) | 8.15pm (friendly)
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Luxembourg (H) | 7.45pm
Coady (England): FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Saturday 9th October | vs Andorra (A) | 7.45pm
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Hungary (H) | 7.45pm
Dendoncker (Belgium): Nations League finals
- Thursday 7th October | vs France (N) | 7.45pm (semi-final)
- Sunday 10th October | vs Italy (N) | 2pm (third-place)
Jimenez (Mexico): FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Friday 8th October | vs Canada (H) | 2.40am
- Monday 11th October | vs Honduras (H) | 12am
- Thursday 14th October | vs El Salvador (A) | 3.05am
Saiss (Morocco): FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Wednesday 6th October | vs Guinea-Bissau (H) | 8pm
- Saturday 9th October | vs Guinea-Bissau (A) | 8pm
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Guinea (A) | 8pm
Boly (Ivory Coast): FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Friday 8th October | vs Malawi (A) | 2pm
- Monday 11th October | vs Malawi (H) | 5pm
Hwang (South Korea): FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Thursday 7th October | vs Syria (H) | 12pm
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Iran (A) | 2.30pm
Silva (Portugal U21): UEFA Euro U21 qualifying
- Thursday 7th October | vs Liechtenstein (H) | 8.15pm
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Iceland (A) | 4pm
Hoever (Netherlands U21): UEFA Euro U21 qualifying
- Friday 8th October | vs Switzerland (A) | 6pm
- Tuesday 12th October | vs Wales (H) | 7pm