Sean Kyle, Wolves first-team chef, presents sticky chicken with black bean and kale fondue, which he prepares for Nuno Espirito Santo’s squad on a regular basis.
This is another healthy option, full of protein for footballers. Adding flat bread makes is a great pre-match meal to fuel the muscles.
- 3 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 15g Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 4 Baby shallots
- 80g Black beans
- 40g Kale
- 30ml Soy
- 10ml Honey
- 100g Tomato sauce
- 10g Chilli
- 30ml Rapeseed oil
- 1 Sun blushed tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Optional flat bread
- Marinate the chicken in the soy, honey and garlic for an hour in the fridge.
- Take out and start to grill the chicken. Cook for about six to eight minutes then turn over.
- Cut three shallots in half and place on the grill to cook at this point as well. Make sure they have oil on them.
- Swet the onion with the chilli and a pinch of salt.
- Add your soft black beans then your tomato sauce.
- Bring to the boil and the add your chopped sun blushed tomatoes and some chopped basil.
- Blanch for one minute in boiling, salted water then strain and add to the black bean mix.
- For a carb option add flat bread at the end.