First-team chef Sean Kyle presents a meal he prepares for the Wolves players after a match, so supporters can try it themselves from home.
This meal is ideal for footballers after a match day, when they’ve exerted large amounts of energy, because it is so high in protein. It’s a dish which can also be served without carbs, just follow the same plan but removed the gnocchi.
- 140g Salmon
- 3 Stems of Tenderstem broccoli
- 80g Puy lentils
- 60g Chopped tomatoes
- 60g Gnocchi
- 6g Mild curry powder
- 40g Onions
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Rapeseed oil
- Coriander to finish
- 30g Spinach
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ Cube of fish bouillon (added to 300mls of water)
- 3 King prawns
- Sweat off the onions, garlic and curry powder in the rapeseed oil.
- Add the lentils and the bouillon, cooking until soft but still with a bite.
- Add spinach and chopped tomatoes.
- Season the salmon and grill along with the broccoli which has been oiled and seasoned as well.
- Add king prawns when salmon is half-cooked.
- Blanch the gnocchi and season accordingly. Keep warm or slightly coloured in a pan.
- Assemble on a plate and finish with coriander