The second installment of Chef Watch sees Sean Kyle present a chicken dish he regularly prepares for the Wolves first-team for supporters to now try during lockdown.
This is a great meal for players as it increases the sodium content of their diet. This meal is aimed at players who lose a lot of salt in their sweat and is especially beneficial when you’re playing matches in hot weather conditions. Oyster sauce and soy sauce are high in sodium, making them great for players who are ‘salty sweaters’.
- 1 Baby chicken
- 200g Noodles
- 3 Pieces of baby corn
- ½ Small onion
- 6 Individual French beans
- 2g Rapeseed oil
- Baby pak choi or spinach leaves to garnish
- 10ml Soy sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Season and roast the baby chicken for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- In a hot pan, add the French beans and corn, and saute until you have a nice colour on the vegetables.
- Add the noodles and cook for another minute.
- Then add your soy sauce and oyster sauce, mixing well, before placing into your bowl.
- Take the baby chicken off the bone or cut it in half if that’s easier.
- Finally, garnish with your leaves and seeds.