Deadline Friday 1st September at 5pm
We are seeking to recruit Matchday Safety Stewards to complement our existing team for next season. Applicants should be able to demonstrate superb customer care, communication skills and must be professional at all times. This is a casual role primarily working on a Matchday (which can be either weekend or evening) so can be balanced with your main job or studies, although additional hours may be available.
The key duties will include:-
- An understanding of their general responsibilities towards the health, safety and welfare of all spectators including those with disabilities, children, other members of staff, playing staff and themselves.
- To enforce the Ground Regulations and where appropriate the criminal law.
- Control and direct spectators
- Assist in the safe operation of the ground, without viewing the activity taking place
- Be able to provide basic emergency first aid and respond in a calm manner to any emergencies
The successful applicant should be reliable, enthusiastic, polite and confident and able to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
You would be required for attend for four hours on a Matchday. However, a degree of flexibility in this role is essential as working additional hours may be required.
Full training to NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety will be provided and all successful applicants will be expected to attend the training sessions.
Interviews and inductions will take place in July with a view to starting in August, successful applicants will be contacted to confirm nearer the time.