This is an update to what the social committee have been doing during a very busy week.
Apologies: Martyn Willis, Lin Corbett, Ryan Weaver.
Present: Graham Lakin, Guy Weaver, Stuart Alves, Nigel Driver, Andy Pike.
On Monday 9th October, meeting held at Fordhouses Cricket Club to confirm a number of events happening in the near future.
1) Nigel opened the meeting, giving feedback relating to a meeting with himself, Martyn Willis and Sue Howells operations Officer for the Grand Theatre on the seating arrangements for DSA members at the Grand Theatre for the 2018 pantomime, these arrangements are on-going.
2) Stuart Alves has been busy making contact with Aston Villa DSA, this led to a meeting at Molineux on Saturday 14th October before the match, 5 Villa DSA members had a tour round the Wolves Museum and then had a meeting in the pay care lounge before the kick off. As a gesture of goodwill Graham presented the leader of the Villa DSA with a Wolves pennant and a certificate to commemorate the first meeting of the 2 DSA groups. The day could not have ended any better with Wolves beating Aston Villa 2-0 ‘ What a great result for Wolves’
3) Graham confirmed that the coach to Manchester City for the 4th round of the Carabao cup had been booked by Lin Corbett with a departure time of 4pm. At present there are 24 people asking for places on the coach. Nigel sent out an e-mail to all members to make sure they have a ticket before booking a seat on the coach.
4) Graham confirmed that the Christmas Bash has been booked for Thursday 14th December starting at 7pm in the North Bank Bar, a buffet will be available, music by DJ George and Wolves legend Steve Daley will have some interesting stories to tell.
5) Stuart Alves was contacted by lottery funding to say that Wolves DSA had been chosen to apply for £50,000 funding, the social committee spent over two and a half hours completing the application form, only to be told on Friday 13th October that our application had not made it to the next round.
6) On Sunday 15th October, Guy Weaver organised a fishing competition for 22 of our members at Albrighton Moat Trust, DSA members were entered into a fishing competition, Aubrey Colley won a trophy with the most fish caught (14) and one of our younger members Seb received a trophy for the heaviest fish caught (1lb 2ozs). After the presentation of the trophies, an afternoon tea was enjoyed by all on a very pleasant October afternoon.
Graham Lakin Wolves DSA Treasurer