Deadline 13th July, 2017 at 9.00am
Position: Head of Analysis
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: 09:00 Thursday 13th July 2017
Position: Full Time
Responsibility - Coordinate the analytical support across the First Team and Academy departments.
Main Duties –
- Ensure a Performance Analysis pathway that assists in the development of players and teams from the Academy age group squads through to First Team level.
- Work closely with the First Team coaching staff to provide a detailed level of support that incorporates pre-match, live and post-match analysis through the application of video and data.
- Assist the Director of Football and Academy Manager in the application of the clubs’ Football Philosophy and succession planning.
- Work with the Head of Coaching and members of the Performance Analysis Department with the implementation of the club’s Coach Education program.
- Manage responsibilities and development of all members of staff within the Performance Analysis department.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to coordinate Performance Analysis support to other departments at the football club.
Essential Requirements –
- A minimum of 3 years working in professional football.
- Previous experience of managing a department with multiple staff.
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Sports Science related course.
- Excellent knowledge of SportsCode software.
Desirable Skills –
- MSc in Sports Performance Analysis or equivalent.
- Evidence of technical and tactical understanding from coaching qualifications or playing experience.
- Previous experience using Opta and Tracab data.
- Previous experience of using Coach Paint and Tableau software.
Personal Specification –
- Strong management skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours.
- Be forward thinking, organised and able to plan long-term.
- High level I.T. and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working with large data sets and the application of statistics in football.
- Fully enhanced DBS Check and up to date Child Protection Certificate.
Place of Work –
- Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground
- Local, national and international travel when necessary.
To apply for this position and to receive a full Job Description, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role.
The deadline for applications is 09:00 Thursday 13th July 2017
Wolverhampton Wanderers is an Equal Opportunities Employer