Job Title: U23 European Scout - Recruitment & Talent Identification Department
Reporting to: Head of 17-23 Recruitment
Accountable to: Academy Manager & Head of Club Recruitment
There has never been a more exciting time to work at Wolves. The Club is in the process of developing practices, strategies and teams to deliver success at the very highest level. This has never been as important as on the field of play. The Club is in the process of developing its player recruitment & talent identification department where the successful individual will be responsible for the review and detailed reporting of identified players and teams to support the Club’s recruitment strategy.
PRINCIPAL PLACE OF WORK
• Working from home. Although regular meetings and visits will be required at The Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground, Compton Park, Wolverhampton.
HOURS OF WORK
• Flexible working hours required. Local, National and International travel where necessary.
• Liaise with the Senior Recruitment team, Sporting Director and Academy Manager to identify, review, report on and monitor targets teams and players to support the Club recruitment strategy.
• Compile and collate reports using a bespoke match and player reporting process to support the talent identification process.
• Create presentations of specific teams and players and determine suitability in keeping with the Clubs football philosophy.
• Effectively utilise data as part of the scouting and recruitment process and use it to support a business / sporting case for player signings.
• Actively participate in regular scout meetings (4-6 weekly basis) and clearly articulate rationale and informed conclusions on players.
• Create a network of club, scouting and intermediary contacts to support the scouting process and to allow the opportunity to gain intelligence quickly.
• Identify specific game, team and player recruitment related trends to support programme development, highlight areas of focus and inform decisions.
• Use a high level of self management to organise and coordinate a working schedule focusing on player priorities and communicate this appropriately at all times.
• Demonstrate the ability to organise, lead and manage video scouts, regional scouts and data analysts to support the player identification and recruitment process.
• Build strong relationships with the Scouts working across the club to support player monitoring, research and ongoing league, team and player analysis.
• Develop an understanding of the players already at the club, as well as an excellent knowledge of the teams playing styles at Academy and First Team level.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support other departments at the club.
Previous experience working as a scout within an elite environment.
Excellent knowledge of Professional Football.
Competent user of Scout7/ISF, Wyscout, Instat Scout, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
Creative presentation skills and experience of presentation.
Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments.
Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
Ability to interpret data and relate it to current projects.
Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
High level I.T. and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
Clean driving Licence.
Evidence of technical and tactical understanding of Football from coaching qualifications, previous employment or playing experience.
Previous experience using various sources of data such as Opta.
An ability to communicate in multiple languages.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role. Please also complete and return the Diversity Monitoring Information form. Please use the title of the position as the email subject.
The deadline for applications is 17:00 Friday 1st June 2018
As part of our commitment to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk you will be asked during the recruitment process, to obtain a check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Wolverhampton Wanderers is an Equal Opportunities Employer.