Job Titles: U16 Lead Coach & Youth Development Phase Coach
Reporting to: Head of Academy Player Development & Head of Coaching and Development Youth Phase
Accountable to: Academy Manager
There has never been a more exciting time to work at Wolves. The Club is in the process of developing practices, strategies and teams to deliver success at the very highest level. This has never been as important as on the field of play. Due to Sam Ricketts leaving to take up the Managers position at AFC Wrexham, the position of Lead U16 Coach is now vacant. In addition to this, funding has been secured to appoint a further full time coach in the Youth Development Phase. The successful individuals will be responsible for the U16 and another YDP team of players as well as working closely with the staff to ensure the players are appropriately supported and developed at the club.
PRINCIPAL PLACE OF WORK
• The Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground, Compton Park, Wolverhampton.
HOURS OF WORK
• Flexible working hours required. Local, National and International travel where necessary.
• Lead coaching duties for the 16 and another YDP age group.
• A clear understanding of the Club and Coaching Philosophy, along with the VMOST plan.
• Multi-disciplinary communication to ensure the well-being and holistic development of the Academy players.
• Organisation, delivery and management of the Coaching and Games Programme.
• Administration of player performance data for the relevant Academy squad.
• Implementing and maintaining the Premier League’s ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Academy Professional Development Phase.
• Support of the recruitment plan.
• Coaching of other age groups within the Academy.
• Member of the Coaching Team with responsibility to further develop club philosophy and mentoring of coaches through their Staff Development Plans.
- UEFA ‘A’ Licence Minimum
- FA Youth Award Level 3 and working towards 12-16 Advanced Youth Award
- Excellent knowledge of Professional Football.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in Academy or Senior Football within the Professional Phase.
- Focus on Individual player development within a team process
- Creative presentation skills and experience of presentation (Preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments and senior staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
- High level I.T. and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role. Please also complete and return the Diversity Monitoring Information form.
Please use the title of the position as the email subject.
The deadline for applications is 17:00 Friday 1st June 2018
Interviews will take place Wednesday 13th June 2018
As part of our commitment to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk you will be asked during the recruitment process, to obtain a check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Wolverhampton Wanderers is an Equal Opportunities Employer