Job Title: Safety & Security Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
To be responsible for the management, monitoring, implementation and maintenance of the Health, Safety & Security arrangements across all business activities in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, to enable all activities to take place in a safe and controlled environment.
To manage the day to day security operations and staff for the Stadium and Training Ground and to assist with event management.
Place Of Work
- Primary place of work: Molineux Stadium, requirement to work at Compton Park as required.
- 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, plus all home match days.
- Flexibility in this role is essential as there may be a requirement for additional hours.
Assisting the Head of Operations to ensure all activities are compliant with:
- The requirements of the Stadium Safety Certificate and Safety and Security Operations Manual
- Health and Safety at Work legislation
- Fire Safety Legislation
- Disability Discrimination Act
- All Safety at Sports Grounds legislation
- To continually develop, monitor and review health, safety and security policies, procedures and guidance.
- To monitor and manage health and safety training across the business to promote, develop and sustain a positive health and safety awareness culture.
- To provide effective health, safety and security advice and guidance.
- To record and investigate all accidents and near misses.
- Monitor/manage procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other providers to the Club comply with relevant legislation and Club health, safety and security policies.
- To assist with the implementation of any new and existing requirements of legislation and guidance from relevant authorities.
- To audit all operations to ensure compliance with current health and safety law and promote a safe working environment.
- To carry out risk assessments, produce method statements and safe working procedures for Club activities.
- To compile reports and make recommendations for improvements where appropriate.
- To carry out regular inspections of the premises.
Skills & Qualities
Credible experience of working with a multiple, diverse range of stakeholders and success at building and managing excellent working relationships
- 5 years checkable work history.
- Must live in commuting distance to the stadium.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and manage time and priorities accordingly.
- Must have a flexible and resilient attitude.
- Must be able to make effective decisions in line with organisational goals and objectives.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- IT literate including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working experience and knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and security management.
- NEBOSH, General Certificate - minimum.
- Must display the highest professional standards of operation and customer service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees from all parts of the Club and present a professional image when representing the company.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with various departments and key stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work and be able to organise themselves and others effectively.
- Must be an effective team member with sufficient flexibility and willingness to take on roles outside the normal functional responsibility when required.
Proven experience within a similar role in an event management environment would be beneficial.
- SIA Licence.
- A qualification such as NVQ4 in crowd safety management would be beneficial.
Deadline: Thursday 30th November 2017
CV and covering letter to: HR, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, Molineux, Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton. WV1 4QR or email to HR@Wolves.co.uk
Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.