Raul Jimenez is one of 11 Wolves first-team players to have been selected for international duty this week, with the Mexican retuning to his national squad after being rested for the October fixtures.
The forward, who has scored five goals in his last six appearances in gold and black, including the deciding goal in Sunday’s West Midlands derby with Aston Villa, has joined up with his countrymen ahead of Mexico’s two CONCACAF Nations League fixtures.
‘El Tri’ take a trip to Panama in the first of their pair of group fixtures, with that match taking place at 2am on Saturday 16th November, before hosting Bermuda at the Estadio Nemesio Diez on Wednesday 20th November, 2.30am kick-off.
Four of Wolves’ Portuguese contingent have been called up to the senior squad, with Rui Patricio, Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves being re-joined by Diogo Jota after the forward missed out in October due to injury.
The quartet are back in Portugal to continue their country’s quest for Euro 2020 qualification as they face Lithuania on Thursday 14th November before travelling to Luxembourg for another qualifier on Sunday 17th November.
Matt Doherty has also received a call from former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy to be included in the Republic of Ireland squad. First up for Ireland is a friendly with New Zealand in Dublin on Thursday before a crucial Euro 2020 qualifier against Denmark at the Aviva Stadium on Monday 18th November, with that match kicking off at 7.45.
Leander Dendoncker is in a Belgium Euro 2020 qualifying squad which has already confirmed its place in next summer’s finals. After travelling to Russia on Saturday, Belgium return to Brussels for a match against Cyprus on Tuesday.
Also in qualifying action this week, but for the Africa Cup of Nations, is Romain Saiss and his Morocco side who take on Mauritania on Friday 15th November before an away visit to Burundi the following Tuesday.
Representing their under-21 teams will be Patrick Cutrone, Ruben Vinagre and Pedro Neto, for Italy and Portugal respectively.
Cutrone and the Azzurrini take on Iceland and Armenia in UEFA Euro U21 qualification, while Vinagre and Neto will hope to be in the Portugal development side for a friendly with Slovenia on Thursday followed by a qualification clash in Norway.
Wolves internationals November fixtures
Jimenez (Mexico): CONCACAF Nations League
- Saturday 16th November | vs Panama (A) | 2am
- Wednesday 20th November | vs Bermuda (H) | 2.30am
Patricio, Moutinho, Neves, Jota (Portugal): UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying
- Thursday 14th November | vs Lithuania (H) | 7.45pm
- Sunday 17th November | vs Luxembourg (A) | 2pm
Doherty (Republic of Ireland): Friendly & UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying
- Thursday 14th November | vs New Zealand (H) | 7.45pm
- Monday 18th November | vs Denmark (H) | 7.45pm
Dendoncker (Belgium): UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying
- Saturday 16th November | vs Russia (A) | 5pm
- Tuesday 19th November | vs Cyprus (H) | 7.45pm
Saiss (Morocco): Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying
- Friday 15th November | vs Mauritania (H) | 7pm
- Tuesday 19th November | vs Burundi (A) | 1pm
Cutrone (Italy U21): UEFA Euro U21 Qualifying
- Saturday 16th November | vs Iceland (H) | 5.30pm
- Tuesday 19th November | vs Armenia (H) | 5.30pm
Vinagre, Neto (Portugal U21): Friendly & UEFA Euro U21 Qualifying
- Thursday 14th November | vs Slovenia (H) | 5.30pm
- Tuesday 19th November | vs Norway (A) | 5.30pm