Raul Jimenez made it an End of Season Awards hat-trick when he scooped the final prize of this year’s event having been named ManBetX Player of the Season.
The Mexican has been the key performer in gold and black throughout the past 13 months and was one of three winners, alongside Dr Matt Perry and Odin Henrikssen, on the final day of the 2019/20 Wolves End of Season Awards, which have taken place on social media across the week.
ManBetX Player of the Season | Raul Jimenez
Having already claimed the Top Goalscorer and Players’ Player of the Season accolades earlier this week, Jimenez made it a hat-trick by being named the ManBetX Player of the Season after topping the supporters’ vote on the Wolves App.
The 29-year-old beat off stiff competition from his teammates to pick up the award, taking the title ahead of runners-up Adama Traore and Conor Coady.
It would have taken a lot for the striker to improve on his first season in England, but his performances across the campaign were second-to-none, breaking Wolves’ goalscoring records and expertly leading the line.
Ruben Neves, who came runner-up to Jimenez in the Players’ Player of the Season vote, said: “He’s a complete player. He has all the qualities which help us a lot. We are really happy to have him with us, and we hope he can keep going like he did in these two years.”
Blyth Group Fan of the Season Award | Odin Henrikssen
‘Norway’s biggest Wolves fan’ Odin Henrikssen is now the Blyth Group Fan of the Season having topped the vote after being nominated by his fellow Wolves supporters.
Born and bred in Bergen, the chairman of West Norway Wolves supporters club has been a fan of the club for almost 50 years and has become known around the world for converting his house into a dedicated shrine to all things gold and black.
Despite living more than 600 miles away from Molineux, Odin is a season ticket holder and flies from Bergen Airport to Gatwick before getting the train through London to Wolverhampton for every home match, demonstrating his unsurmountable dedication to supporting his beloved club.
Reconomy Outstanding Contribution Award | Dr Matt Perry
A new award was given out on day five in contribution of a staff member at Wolves who had gone above and beyond in their duties for the club in the past 12 months.
Dr Matt Perry, Wolves’ club doctor for several decades, received the Reconomy Outstanding Contribution Award in recognition of his hard work, sacrifice and care given to keep the first-team players and coaching staff safe and protected during the Covid-19 pandemic, and preparing the club for ‘project restart’.
When the outbreak struck in March, the club relied on Dr Perry’s expertise to make sure the players and staff were kept informed of the best practices to take while they were away from Compton Park.
He also took the lead in ensuring the training ground was an optimal environment for the squad to return ahead of the Premier League restart, with his efforts playing a part in Wolves hitting the ground running following a 100-day absence, winning all three of their Premier League matches in June.
Conor Coady praised the work of Dr Perry, saying: “We wanted to get back to normal as soon as possible, but the way he did it, he’s been fantastic.
“What he did got us back playing football as normal as possible, and that’s something we all appreciated.”
With the 2019/20 End of Season Awards now complete, here is the full list of this year’s winners:
- ManBetX Player of the Season | Raul Jimenez
- CoinDeal Goal of the Season | Ruben Neves vs Espanyol
- Tile Choice Players’ Player of the Season | Raul Jimenez
- Carling Top Goalscorer | Raul Jimenez
- University of Wolverhampton Young Professional of the Year | Pedro Neto
- Altodigital Academy Player of the Season | Christian Marques
- A&H Construction Loan Player of the Season | Connor Ronan
- Silverbug Foundation Player in the Community | Adama Traore
- Reconomy Outstanding Contribution Award | Dr Matt Perry
- Energy Angels Wolves Women Player of the Season | Jamila Palmer
- University of Wolverhampton eSports Player of the Season | Flavio
- University of Wolverhampton eSports Team of the Season | FIFA Online 4
- DIS Rachael Heyhoe Flint Award | Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- Nuffield Health John ‘Foz’ Hendley Award | Wolves Stadium Operations Team
- Blyth Group Fan of the Season Award | Odin Henrikssen