Skip to main content


22:42 11th December 2015

Another Home Draw

Wolves 1 (Ebanks-Landell 15)

Nottingham Forest 1 (Blackstock 80)

For the third successive home game Wolves supporters had to be satisfied with a point after Forest substitute Dexter Blackstock grabbed a late equaliser to cancel out Ethan Ebanks-Landell’s first half header.

Kenny Jackett named an unchanged side for the game and it was Wolves that kicked-off attacking the North Bank end.

The first threat came from the visitors in only the second minute as Danny Batth turned the ball behind to halt Ryan Mendes’s progress into the area. Henri Lansbury’s corner was headed back into the danger area by Matt Mills but Eric Lichaj was well off target with his diving header.

Jack Price had to boot clear a dangerous low cross from Chris O’Grady and then Carl Ikeme got everything behind Nelson Oliveira’s 20-yard drive.

But, after offering little threat in the opening stages, it was Wolves that took the lead in the 15th minute after Jordan Graham was fouled by Mendes wide on the left. The youngster got up and delivered a great free-kick into the Forest box and Ebanks-Landell ran in at the far post to despatch a header past former Molineux keeper Dorus De Vries (pictured).

Forest hit back strongly and after Price had been booked for tripping Mendes, Lansbury’s free-kick was met by Mills whose angled header went straight to Ikeme.

The keeper was beaten in the 19th minute as O’Grady tucked away a low, driven cross from Oliveira but to the relief of the home crowd the offside flag had been raised.

Graham curled a free-kick over the bar after he had been fouled by Lansbury, before a he took a corner that was headed on by Dave Edwards. Adam Le Fondre was clattered by Mills as he waited for the ball to drop but the referee gave the decision in favour of the Forest man.

Kevin McDonald went into the book for a hard challenge on David Vaughan. The Molineux midfielder won the ball but he was immediately surrounded by Forest players and when order was restored he was shown the yellow card.

Le Fondre broke into the box from the right but he had no-one up in support and De Vries pawed away the striker’s shot after it had taken a deflection off Mills.

Michael Mancienne, another who is no stranger to Wolves fans, was booked for fouling Le Fondre before Graham fired into the side netting after taking a return pass from James Henry as he ran into the Forest area.

Half-Time: Wolves 1 Forest 0

Ikeme saved a cross-shot from O’Grady five minutes into the new half and when play switched Henry worked a shooting position on the edge of the box but his shot bounced to safety off a defender.

In the 52nd minute Wolves were close to a second when Ebanks-Landell’s powerful header from Graham’s cross was cleared off the line by Lichaj.

Lansbury was the next man to go into the book for a cynical trip on Henry who was in full flight as he ran down the right flank.

From another Graham corner it was Ebanks-Landell that again won the fight for the ball but his header sailed the wrong side of the far post.

Good work by McDonald presented an opening for Graham who skipped past his marker before hitting a shot that drew the best from De Vries.

Dougie Freedman made three changes to his side and two of his substitutes played a part in Forest pulling level in the 80th minute. 

Jamie Ward’s shot took a wicked deflection off Ebanks-Landell and the ball flew uncomfortably close to Ikeme’s right-hand post. But from Lansbury’s corner Blackstock, who had only been on for three minutes, ran in at the far post and hooked the ball into the roof of the net.

Benik Afobe replaced Le Fondre for the closing stages but it was McDonald that almost restored Wolves lead. Graham’s corner was headed out to the Scot who hit a tremendous effort that was cleared from in front of goal by Daniel Pinillos.

Wolves: Ikeme, Iorfa, Golbourne, Edwards, Batth (capt), Ebanks-Landell, Henry, Price, Le Fondre (Afobe 83), McDonald, Graham.

Unused subs: McCarey, Doherty, Wallace, Byrne, Coady, Holt.

Bookings: Price (17 – foul), McDonald (31 – foul).

Forest: De Vries, Lichaj, Mancienne, Mills, Lansbury (capt), Mendes (Blackstock 77), Oliveira, Vaughan, O’Grady (Ward 67), Pinillos, Osborn (Williams 77).

Unused subs: Trotter, Hobbs, Evtimov, Tesche.

Bookings: Mancienne (41 – foul), Lansbury (55 – foul), Oliveira (88 – foul), Blackstock (90+5 – time wasting).

Referee: K. Stroud.

Attendance: 20,000.


    For the first 50 years of their existence, England played their home matches all around the country.