Skip to main content


18:00 3rd January 2015

It's Back To Molineux For A Replay

Fulham 0

Wolves 0

Whilst this game couldn’t be described as a Cup classic, there was still plenty to keep the crowd entertained as Fulham and Wolves fought out a goalless draw on the banks of the Thames.

There were four changes to the visitors starting line-up. Kortney Hause (cup-tied), Kevin McDonald (suspended) and Rajiv van La Parra dropped out along with Nouha Dicko who was named as a substitute. In their places were Matt Doherty, Lee Evans, James Henry and Leon Clarke.

Fulham kicked-off attacking the end of the ground that housed around 2,300 travelling supporters.

An early Bakary Sako corner was cleared whilst Carl Ikeme’s first action saw him comfortably dealing with a deflected effort from Hugo Rodallega.

Scott Parker’s chip into the box was too high for Rodallega who had Doherty for company, before a wild challenge by Shaun Hutchinson on Sako led to the winger needing treatment and the Fulham man being shown the yellow card.

A short pass from Rodallega opened up a chance for Cauley Woodrow but he ballooned the ball over the bar from the edge of the area. Then, at the other end, Sako’s 20-yard drive lacked the power to trouble Marcus Bettinelli in the home goal after an intricate spell of passing involving Jack Price Evans, Henry and Dominic Iorfa had created the opening.

Wolves should have been ahead on the half-hour mark after Sako had let fly with a low, left-footed angled drive. The ball beat the keeper and bounced back off the inside of the far post to Clarke who, from ten-yards, fired wide.

Twice before the break, Rodallega went close with overhead kicks and on each occasion it was Jack Grimmer that provided the cross. The first effort flew narrowly over the bar whilst the striker’s second spectacular attempt was a yard wide.

Deep into stoppage time, Sako curled a free-kick narrowly over after Henry had been fouled to the right of the Fulham box.

Half-Time: Fulham 0 Wolves 0

Two minutes after the restart, Clarke took the ball into the left of the home area and played a short pass into the path of Evens whose first time shot was blocked by Bettinelli at the expense of a Henry corner that was scrambled clear.

Woodrow threatened for the home team when he cut into the box but his final shot was too high to concern Ikeme before Seko Fofana went a lot closer after a run that took him from the halfway line to the edge of the box – his rising drive fizzing no more than a foot over.

Sean Kavanaagh saw his shot blocked before Kenny Jackett made a change sending on Dicko for Clarke.

It took a full length, fingertip save from Bettinelli to thwart Henry whose dipping header from Doherty’s cross was going in, and then Woodrow held of Richard Stearman in a run into the area before he fired over the near angle.

Evans was booked for an innocuous looking tackle on Ross McCormack and then, in the 70th minute, Henry intercepted a ball in midfield and raced into the Fulham box before hitting a low shot that Bettinelli managed to deflect behind for a corner.

On 78 minutes Sako showed his class once again as he skated past two challenges on the 18-yard line and struck a curling effort that just, and only just, beat the far post.

It was end to end stuff in the dying minutes and from a Henry corner Fofana broke clear and he looked to be on for the winner but shot straight at Ikeme who was stationed a couple of feet inside his area.

The final chance of the game fell to Evans, in stoppage time, but his drive was blocked at close quarters after Henry had teed up his team-mate.

Fulham: Bettenelli, Stafylidis, Hutchinson, Boduruv, Parker (capt), Fofana, Woodrow (Dembele 71), Rodallega, Christensen (Kavanagh 32), Grimmer, McCormack.

Unused subs: Kiraly, Ruiz, Roberts, Williams, Burn.

Booking: Hutchinson (16 – foul).

Wolves: Ikeme, Doherty, Iorfa, Edwards, Batth (capt), Stearman, Henry, Evans, Clarke (Dicko 63), Price, Sako.

Unused subs: Kuszczak, Saville, Ricketts, McAlinden, Ebanks-Landell, Jacobs.

Booking: Evans (69 – foul)

Referee: L. Probert.

Attendance: 11,879.


    For the first 50 years of their existence, England played their home matches all around the country.