Skip to main content

Wolves Reject Sako Bid

PUBLISHED

15:09 29th August 2013

Wolves have flatly rejected a bid for Bakary Sako from Nottingham Forest.

The Championship leaders made a move with a few days to the closure of the transfer window but head coach Kenny Jackett said at his early-afternoon media conference today: "What they have offered is nowhere near our valuation. I have just come in from training, so whether they are going to come back in, I don't know."

The 25-year-old winger produced a double-figure goal tally in his first season in English football and his stock has climbed further as he has quickly clicked in 2013-14 by netting in the victories against Gillingham and Bristol City.

Despite speculation that Celtic might be more inclined to come in for Kevin Doyle now they have qualified for the group stages of the Champions League, Kenny confirmed there had been no fresh enquiries for him.

The striker is keen to regain his place in the Republic of Ireland squad and the Molineux boss added: "If he gets going with scoring some goals, I'm sure he can still be under consideration with them. Seeing him playing well for Wolves is what I'm concentrating on but if one leads to the other, I'll be pleased."

On a day when Wolves were hoping to secure the signing of Barnsley full-back Scott Golbourne, Kenny also said interest in Roger Johnson and Jamie O'Hara, both of whom are available for transfer, had been minimal.

"It's very quiet, with minimal enquiries. They are working here ready for their next challenge. I'm sure they would rather go and play for another club but you don't sell players.....other clubs have to buy them."

Kenny is anticipating a hectic weekend generally prior to the transfer deadline at 11 o'clock on Monday, although he is unsure how busy things will be at Molineux. 

    Related Articles