Wolves boss Dean Saunders today admitted that there has been interest in top scorer Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and vice-captain Stephen Ward, but says he is determined to hold on to both players.
With just two days of the transfer window left, the manager confirmed that Wolves have received bids for from fellow Championship clubs, but that both have been turned down.
Ebanks-Blake's current contract runs out in the summer, and whilst Saunders acknowledged that a big enough bid for the striker would have to be considered, he is eager to continue to work with the number nine.
"We've had a big bid in for Sylvan but we've turned it down," the manager said when quizzed about potential transfers.
"We've turned the offer down and hopefully the other club don't come back in, but I'm not saying they won't. We've had a verbal offer for him but we've not had the written offer in, and I'm being told that they might not follow it up now."
If Ebanks-Blake does remain at Wolves, the club would risk losing him for no fee in the summer, a gamble which Saunders said he is willing to take.
"His contract is up in July," the Welshman explained. "Obviously if you turn a transfer fee down, you risk losing that transfer fee if he walks out at the end of the season. But equally if you lose him, you've got to spend that money on signing a replacement.
"It's a limited market at the moment - not many people let strikers who are scoring goals go in January.
"There is a line though. If the bid is big enough when there are only six months left on his contract, the club has a business decision to make in the end. But we're not there yet.
"I think most people can understand that if he did leave - and it's still possible - the transfer fee would reflect why, with him only having six months left on his contract. I'm hoping that there are no developments before Thursday."
Saunders also confirmed that he would like the former Plymouth man, who has netted eleven times so far this season - to remain at Molineux next campaign.
"There's still a future for him here. I hope he signs a new contract - I've talked to him about it and that's what I want to do," he said.
"I've got to move this team up the league, and you don't do that by selling your top scorer, unless you have to."
Whilst also confirming the interest for Ward, Saunders reiterated his desire to keep hold of the Irishman, who had played 72 consecutive league games before a neck injury in the warm-up forced him to withdraw from Saturday's clash with Blackpool.
"Wardy's the only left-back at the club," he said. "There's only two or three left-backs available that I think could play in our team and are better than what we already have. I've had a couple of phone calls about Wardy and I've said no all along."
Wolves play Leicester on transfer deadline day, and whilst refusing to rule out bringing new faces in during the remainder of the window, Saunders admitted that the majority of his dealings as he looks to reshape his squad will be done in the summer.
"I don't want to panic buy and bring players to the club who are not part of what I want to do. I'm not giving up on this year yet, we've got to get away from the bottom, see if we can put a run together, then focus on next year."
He continued: "I will be gearing the team up in the summer, when I've got more time to look and make sure we get the right people in. There will be more players available in the summer.
"I'm building a team for the future - these players have got 17 games to show me they want to be here."