Skip to main content

All Square At Compton Park


16:28 29th October 2012

Under 18s draw with Fulham.

After falling behind to a Fulham penalty, Wolves under 18s levelled with a spot kick of their own and then went in front only for the Londoners to hit back and take a point.

It was Fulham that inflicted a 7-1 thrashing on Wanderers shortly after the commencement of the current campaign. 

Coach Mick Halsall said: “This was always going to be a big test for our players as they had been beaten very convincingly in the previous encounter between the teams earlier in the season. 

“I thought that both sides made a bright start and that we should have taken the lead early on but Dominic Dell did not get a good enough contact with his head to a cross from our right side. 

“Fulham then settled into a rhythm and gave us a reminder of what a good side they are as they moved the ball about quickly and kept possession well. 

“They went in front from an obvious penalty which was down to a couple of our players giving the ball away too cheaply when in possession and letting the opposition force the play. 

“We responded well to get level through a penalty of our own after Ibrahim Keita chased a pass into the Fulham box and was fouled by their centre half. Robbie Parry put the penalty away for us to go in all square at half-time.

“During the break, we urged our players to up their game as Fulham had dictated for long periods during the first period. But it was the same pattern in the second half although we took the lead through Keita after some good work from Dylan Stringer-Moth who played a lovely ball across the six yard box. 

“But Fulham started to boss the game again and although we defended well at times we conceded a poor goal for the game to end in a draw. To finish level against such a good side, considering the result in the away game against them, was down to some hard work and endeavour from our lads. But, in general play we were way below the standards of the previous weeks.”

    Related Articles